Tiff 419 Bermuda
Tifway 419 is an improved hybrid Bermuda developed from the famed Tifton, Georgia turf‑breeding program. It has a dark green color and low growth habit. Tifway 419 is used for many applications, but it is best known in the South for its use on golf Courses and sports fields. It is also the most widely used Bermuda grass in Texas as it does well in our hot and sometimes drought climate. This variety is dense, has excellent wear resistance, and is able to quickly recover from damage. It has poor shade tolerance.
- 50 yd. pallet
- 450 sqft.
- 24″ X 18″ pieces
- Full Pallet
- Partial pallets/ pieces can be purchased in store
- Best for use in golf, commercial, sport, parks and residential areas
- Dark green in color
- A blade width of 2.2mm
- Soft texture
Climate & Planting:
- Grows well in sandy soil and clay soil
- Spreads with above-ground runners (stolens) and below-ground shoots (rhizomes)
- Resistant to heavy wear
- Excellent recovery and growth rate
- Tolerant to insects
- Resistant to disease
- High drought tolerance
- Full sun only
- In Spring and Summer, mow 3/8″ to 1″ every 3-5 days or as needed. Do not scalp. Never remove more than ⅓ of leaf blade in any single mowing. In Fall and Winter, mow every 7-10 days or as needed.
- Perform soil analysis to best determine your specific needs. Higher nitrogen (N) rates should only be applied in Spring. In Summer and Fall, fertilize with a product low in nitrogen and higher in phosphorous and potassium. Can use products with iron to improve color and limit growth surges.
- At least 1″ of water weekly is recommended to keep optimal appearance and to resist disease and pests. However, in periods of drought or high temperatures, grass will need to be watered more often. Water when leaf blades wilt.
Cold, Heat, Sun
Commercial, Golf Course, Residential