Celebration was developed in Australia as a multi‑purpose grass. It is ideal for central and southern regions of the United States. Celebration has a dark blue-green color, fine texture, and is cold and drought tolerant. It has lower maintenance requirements and is adaptable to a wide range of soil and light conditions. Celebration is slightly more shade and drought tolerance than Tifway 419 Bermuda. This variety grows slower vertically, which means less mowing, while rapid horizontal growth contributes to its durability.
- 50 yd. pallet
- 450 sqft.
- 24″ X 18″ pieces
- Full Pallet
- Best for use in golf, commercial, sport, parks and residential areas
- Dark blue-green in color
- A blade width of 1.79mm
- Soft texture
Climate & Planting:
- Grows well in sandy soil and clay soil
- Spreads with above-ground runners (stolens) and below-ground shoots (rhizomes)
- Resistant to heavy wear
- Excellent recovery and growth rate
- Tolerant to insects
- Resistant to disease
- High drought tolerance
- Minimum of 4 hours of direct sunlight
- In Spring and Summer, mow 3/8″ to 1″ every 3-5 days or as needed. Do not scalp. Never remove more than ⅓ of leaf blade in any single mowing. In Fall and Winter, mow every 7-10 days or as needed.
- Perform soil analysis to best determine your specific needs. Higher nitrogen (N) rates should only be applied in Spring. In Summer and Fall, fertilize with a product low in nitrogen and higher in phosphorous and potassium. Can use products with iron to improve color and limit growth surges.
- At least 1″ of water weekly is recommended to keep optimal appearance and to resist disease and pests. However, in periods of drought or high temperatures, grass will need to be watered more often. Water when leaf blades wilt.
Cold, Drought, Heat, Some Shade, Sun
Commercial, Golf Course, Residential