El Toro Zoysia
El Toro Zoysia was tested at Purdue University and demonstrated a high level of drought resistance and good cold tolerance. El Toro is easy to maintain with a rotary mower and requires low nitrogen. Compromised by a dark green color and great density provide a high quality turf perfect for residential and commercial installations. Zoysia grass is a warm-season turfgrass known for its dense, fine texture and tolerance to heat, making it a popular choice for lawns, golf courses, and other landscaping applications.
Out of stock
- 50 yd. pallet
- 450 sqft.
- 24″ X 18″ pieces
- Full Pallet
- Best for use in golf, commercial, sport, parks and residential areas
- Dark green in color
- A blade width of 5-7mm
- Very soft texture
Climate & Planting:
- Grows well in sandy soil and clay soil
- Spreads with above-ground runners (stolens) and below-ground shoots (rhizomes)
- Resistant to normal wear
- Slow recovery rate
- Tolerant to insects
- Resistant to disease
- High drought tolerance
- Will tolerate a minimum of 4 hours of filtered sun
- In Spring and Summer, mow 1″-2″ every 7-10 days. Shorter heights require regular and more frequent mowing. Do not scalp. Never remove more than 1/3 of leaf blade in any single mowing.
- In Fall and Winter, mow every 10-14 days.
- In Spring, apply fertilizer after danger of frost or in mid-February in frost-free areas. Use balanced time-released fertilizer such as 16-4-8 or 3-1-2. Can use products with iron to improve color. Perform soil analysis for best results.
In Fall, apply balanced time-released fertilizer such as 15-5-10.
Requires 3-5 lbs. of Nitrogen per 1000 square feet per year for a highly maintained turf.
- At least 1″ of water weekly is recommended to keep optimal appearance and to resist disease and pests. However, in periods of drought or high temperatures, grass will need to be watered more often. Water when leaf blades wilt.
Cold, Drought, Heat, Shade, Sun
Commercial, Golf Course, Residential