Crowne Zoysia grass is an aggressive, dark green, Coarse textured lawn grass. It is best suited for use as a warm-season turfgrass for golf coarse roughs, home lawns, industrial parks and highway right-of-ways throughout the central mid-western states. Crowne is noted for its tolerance to drought, cold weather and its rapid recuperative ability
Out of stock
- 50 yd. pallet
- 450 sqft.
- 24″ X 18″ pieces
- Full Pallet
- Best for use in golf, commercial, sport, parks and residential areas
- Dark green in color
- A blade width of 5-7mm
- Very soft texture
Climate & Planting:
- Grows well in sandy soil and clay soil
- Spreads with above-ground runners (stolens) and below-ground shoots (rhizomes)
- Resistant to normal wear
- Slow recovery rate
- Tolerant to insects
- Resistant to disease
- High drought tolerance
- Does well in cold climate
- Will tolerate a minimum of 4 hours of filtered sun
- In Spring and Summer, mow 1″-2″ every 7-10 days. Shorter heights require regular and more frequent mowing. Do not scalp. Never remove more than 1/3 of leaf blade in any single mowing. In Fall and Winter, mow every 10-14 days.
- In Spring, apply fertilizer after danger of frost or in mid-February in frost-free areas. Use balanced time-released fertilizer such as 16-4-8 or 3-1-2. Can use products with iron to improve color. Perform soil analysis for best results.
- In Fall, apply balanced time-released fertilizer such as 15-5-10.Requires 3-5 lbs. of Nitrogen per 1000 square feet per year for a highly maintained turf.
- At least 1″ of water weekly is recommended to keep optimal appearance and to resist disease and pests. However, in periods of drought or high temperatures, grass will need to be watered more often. Water when leaf blades wilt.
Red Sandy Soil
Cold, Drought, Heat, Shade, Sun
Commercial, Golf Course, Residential