Raleigh St. Augustine
Raleigh is our most popular turf grass. It is primarily used for residential and commercial sites. It has a medium to dark green color with wide leaf blades and a high shade tolerance. Raleigh is a relatively aggressive grass that spreads quickly by above-ground runners called stolens. The grass will form a dense lawn that handles moderate traffic. It adapts well from coastal regions to the North Texas areas.
- 50 yd. pallet
- 450 sqft.
- 24″ X 18″ pieces
- Full Pallet
- Partial pallets/ pieces can be purchased in store
- Best for use in golf, commercial, sport, parks and residential areas
- Medium to dark green in color
- A blade width of 9-10mm
- Coarse texture
Climate & Planting:
- Grows well in sandy soil and clay soil
- Spreads with above-ground runners (stolens)
- Resistant to wear
- Excellent recovery when wear occurs
- Tolerates up to 6 hours of filtered sun
- Spring and Summer, mow 2-3″ every 7-10 days or as needed, slightly higher in shade. Do not scalp. Never remove more than ⅓ of leaf blade in any single mowing.
- In Fall and Winter, mow every 10-14 days or as needed.
- Requires 2-3 fertilizer applications per year, with a fertilizer ratio of 3-1-2 (N-P-K) and a slow-release nitrogen source.
- Requires half as much potassium (K) as nitrogen (N) to maintain growth. Nitrogen contributes to color and potassium increases root growth, cold tolerance, and drought tolerance. Phosphorus (P) usually not required unless soil test shows phosphorus missing or low.
- At least 1″ of water weekly is recommended to keep optimal appearance and to resist disease and pests. However, in periods of drought or high temperatures, grass will need to be watered more often. Water when leaf blades wilt.
Apple Green, Ivy
Cold, Heat, Shade, Sun