Empire was developed in Brazil. As a result, it thrives in extreme heat and humidity. Empire is an adaptable zoysia—it can adapt to the varying climatic conditions of the southern United States as well as to a wide range of soil types. Its massive root system runs deep and sustains the grass through periods of drought, heavy use, and harsh conditions while providing rapid injury recovery. Empire is best used for residential and commercial sites.
Out of stock
- 50 yd. pallet
- 450 sqft.
- 24″ X 18″ pieces
- Full Pallet
- Best for use in golf, commercial, sport, parks, commercial and residential areas
- Blue-green in color
- A blade width of 5-7mm
- Very soft texture
Climate & Planting:
- Grows well in sandy soil and clay soil
- Resistant to normal wear
- Slow recovery rate
- Tolerant to insects
- Resistant to disease
- Drought & shade tolerant
- Will tolerate a minimum of 4 hours of filtered sun
- In Spring and Summer, mow 1″-2″ every 7-10 days. Shorter heights require regular and more frequent mowing. Do not scalp. Never remove more than 1/3 of leaf blade in any single mowing.
- In Fall and Winter, mow every 10-14 days.
- In Spring, apply fertilizer after danger of frost or in mid-February in frost-free areas. Use balanced time-released fertilizer such as 16‑4‑8 (N‑P‑K). Can use products with iron to improve color. Perform soil analysis for best results.
In Fall, apply balanced time-released fertilizer such as 10‑10‑10.
- At least 1″ of water weekly is recommended to keep optimal appearance and to resist disease and pests. However, in periods of drought or high temperatures, grass will need to be watered more often. Water when leaf blades wilt.
Cold, Drought, Heat, Shade, Sun
Commercial, Golf Course, Residential