All sod pallets are 50 yards and will cover 450 square feet. Please call us at 903-581-8868 if you need partial pallets.
Cavalier was developed at Texas A&M’s Agricultural Experiment Station from a zoysia with Japanese origins. Cavalier Zoysia is a fine textured, high-density turf that is used on residential and commercial sites, sports fields and golf courses. It is similar in appearance to Tifway Bermuda grass, but has improved winter hardiness and survivability under reduced management. Cavalier has less of a tendency to scalp, which occurs when a mower is set too low and cuts too deeply into the grass, than some other zoysias. When compared to St. Augustine, Cavalier is a thicker, denser turf requiring less fertilizer.
- Best for use in golf, commercial, sport, parks and residential areas
- Dark green in color
- A blade width of 1.33 to 1.79mm
- Very soft texture
Climate & Planting
- Grows well in sandy soil and clay soil
- Spreads with above-ground runners (stolens) and below-ground shoots (rhizomes)
- Resistant to normal wear
- Good recovery when wear occurs
- Tolerant to insects
- Resistant to disease
- Very drought tolerant therefore does excellent in hot climates
- Does well in cold climate
- Will tolerate a minimum of 4 hours of filtered sun
- In Spring and Summer, mow 1″-2″ every 7-10 days. Shorter heights require regular and more frequent mowing. Do not scalp. Never remove more than 1/3 of leaf blade in any single mowing. In Fall and Winter, mow every 10-14 days.
- In Spring, apply fertilizer after danger of frost or in mid-February in frost-free areas. Use balanced time-released fertilizer such as 16-4-8 or 3-1-2. Can use products with iron to improve color. Perform soil analysis for best results.
- In Fall, apply balanced time-released fertilizer such as 15-5-10.
- Requires 3-5 lbs. of Nitrogen per 1000 square feet per year for a highly maintained turf.
- At least 1″ of water weekly is recommended to keep optimal appearance and to resist disease and pests. However, in periods of drought or high temperatures, grass will need to be watered more often. Water when leaf blades wilt.
Customer Satisfaction is our #1 Goal! Our mission is to make your experience with us the best you've ever had! When you pick up products; you will never have to load yourself, we'll do it for you. When having materials delivered, we take care of the unloading too!